July 05, 2011

No End



THE OLD WOUND
Nope. I didn't go to the vet cos I wanna try a DIY medication - Colloidal Silver. I had seen its healing effects on a Syrian's open wound on the head. So I wanna give it a try.

Unfortunately after two bottles, it was not healing as I expected. In fact, the medication seems to be drawing out the toxic (aka white discharge). Altho that was a good sign, I wasn't liking it.

So after doing some internet searching, I switched to Betadine. This seemed to stop the white discharge by turning it brown. But it created a stench. And that is a sign of infection. So I went to the local pharmacy for some remedy. The pharmacist recommended DuoDerm Hydroactive Gel. She said the gel can draw out whatever toxic is in the wound.

I'm into the 4th day of using the gel and so far so good - no more white discharge, the stench has lessen. Will continue using.

EYE ULCERS
Earlier this year, Gi was having some massive brown discharge from the eyes. And the right eye appeared to be swollen. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a scratch surrounded by a whitish coat. On the pupil. In both eyes. The vet diagnosed it as Eye Ulcer.

It seemed like this is a no-cure prognosis. Just have to let it heal on its own. So Gi was prescribed an eye drop. After one month, there's no improvement in the condition. So I stopped.

But recently I noticed that her eyes have lesser discharge and the scratch has miraclously disappeared. So what happened? I suspected it is the workings of the Nzymes Antioxidant Treats. I bought this to "cure" / improve Gi's arthritis. Altho it is not working for her arthritis, the product can be used as a multi-vits. So I have been feeding her ever since.

Besides the eye ulcer, I also noticed that the discharge from her private parts has lessen a lot.

So the antioxidant is helping her.

JAMMED UP
Her poo-jam was caused by this. It is too rich for her. Likewise this. So I am back to raw mutton. And since I am feeding the hamster brood veges, I'm pureeing them for Gi too. And so far so good. No poo-jam.

ARTHRITIS
Haiz!

This is one battle I'm giving up. It's too late for any cure and/or improvement.

The Empress Dowager is saying that should Gi lost the use of her hind legs, it's time to let her go. On top of this, Gi will be 14yo this Nov. That will be 98 human years old.

To be frank, Gi is only flawed in her skin, her eyes and her hind legs. She is still greedy as ever. Come meal time, she behaves as if I've been starving her. Forever.

From the looks of it, she is healthy & fit. So what gives me the right to PTS her??!!!

Haiz!

No comments: